ummer is in full swing and we are now enjoying an abundance of zucchini.
With this fabulous abundance comes a dilemma …. what to do with yet more zucchini.
One of the zucchini I received was quite large and I decided that it was perfect for making a lovely soup.
The best thing about this soup is that it is entirely customizable. Add your favourite herbs, etc.
Some people like to put sour cream in their zucchini soup, but I prefer to use greek yogurt. It provides a lovely zing to the soup. If you do choose to use sour cream, try adding a tablespoon of lemon juice at the end. This will brighten up all of the flavours.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|5 Servings||5 minutes||30 minutes|
- This soup freezes really well.
- Adjust the herbs to your liking.
- 1 Large or 2-3 Medium zucchini – Cut up into a large chunks (about 1 inch), leave skin on
- 1/2 A Medium Onion – Quartered
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves – Peeled, but left whole
- 4 Cups (1 L) Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Dill (or 1 Tablespoon fresh Dill)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil (or 1 Tablespoon torn fresh Basil leaves)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Greek-Style Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- Place the Zucchini, Onion, Garlic, Stock, Salt, Dill, Basil and Pepper into a large pot
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pot and let simmer for 20 minutes
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth with an immersion blender
- Once smooth add Yogurt and Parmesan Cheese. Blend again.
- Serve with additional Parmesan Cheese on top if you like.