You must make these cookies. I need to get that out there from the very start.
These may be the best chocolate cookies I make. They are rich, fudgey and easy to make.
They remind me of just the edges of brownies. Yup, those edges.
I saw this base recipe circulating around the internet ages ago and decided to give them a try. Since they are naturally gluten free, I was all in. They never disappoint.
When you need an intense hit of chocolate, these are the cookies you should turn to. Have fun and make these cookies.
These directions include actual video steps that were recorded when doing this recipe live on Twitch.
Chocolate Fudgey Cookies
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|28 Cookies||5 minutes||10 minutes|
- When testing the cookies for doneness, tap them on the top. If it is still jiggly and loose, at another 2 minutes at a time.
- Cool the cookies completely before removing them from the cookie sheet or they will stick.
- If you use parchment paper or a silicone matt, there is no need to grease it. If you are not using either, grease your cookie sheets well.
- 3 Cups Icing Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Salt
- 4 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Cup (170 g) Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °F or 180 °C
- Separate your egg whites
- Combine icing sugar and cocoa powder
- In a separate bowl, combine egg whites, vanilla and salt
- Combine icing sugar mixture and egg mixture. Stir well until completely combined. Add chocolate chips.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone matt. Use a cookie scoop or teaspoon to drop cookie batter onto cookie sheet (leave lots of room for the cookies to spread)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before removing from cookie sheet.