Coconut curry chicken is so versatile and delicious. The seasoning can be adjusted to suite you and you can easily add hot spices if you like a spicy kick.
Coconut Curry Chicken
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|3-4 Servings||15 minutes||30 minutes|
- If you don’t have coconut milk, or prefer not to use it, that is fine. The chicken will be really flavourful without it.
- This dish freezes really well. Make a double or triple batch and freeze for quick future meals.
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- 5 or 6 Cardamom Pods, seeds removed (or 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cardamom)
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
The above three spices can be replaced with 2 Teaspoons Curry Powder if you like.
- 3 Cloves Chopped Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger about 1/2 inch
- 3/4 Cup diced onion
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup diced tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Tumeric
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander
The above three spices can be replaced with 1 Tablespoon of Garam Masala spice blend if you like.
- 2 – 3 Chicken Breasts Diced
- 1 Can Coconut milk
1. Heat oil in pan
2. Add cumin, cardamom and mustard seeds
3. Let cook for about one minute
4. Add onion, garlic, and ginger
5. Cook for 2-3 minutes
6. Add Chicken. Cook 3-4 minutes on high heat (won’t be cooked all the way through)
7. Add salt, tomatoes, tumeric, cumin and coriander
9. Cook until chicken is cooked through and has a temperature of 165° Fahrenheit (75° Celsius)
10. Add coconut milk. Turn heat down and cook for at least 5 – 10 minutes