I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love pudding. Young and old have their favourite. One of my favourite puddings in pumpkin. It tastes just like pumpkin pie and is not overly sweet.
The best thing about this pudding is that it is really quick and easy to make. There is no need to buy a boxed version because you actually end up doing the same steps even if you are making it from a box.
These directions include actual video steps that were recorded when doing this recipe live on Twitch.
Luscious Pumpkin Pudding
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|6||5 minutes||10 minutes|
- You can serve this in individual cups or in one large bowl.
- If you do not have any pumpkin pie spice, use cinnamon instead.
- 2 Cups (500 ml) Milk (2% or Whole Milk)
- 1/4 Cup (50 g) Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup (60 ml) Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup (31 g) Cornstarch
- 1 Cup (250 ml) Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Large Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
1 Place milk, brown sugar, maple syrup and cornstarch in a saucepan.
2 Bring the milk mixture to a boil and let it boil for 2 minutes. Be sure to stir often so it does not stick to the bottom.
3 Remove milk mixture from heat and add some of the hot milk mixture to the beaten eggs. Do this a little at a time, until the eggs are about the same temperature as the milk mixture.
4 Add pumpkin, spices and salt and mix well.
5 Pour pudding into either small dishes or one large dish. Set aside to cool a bit before putting them in the fridge to set. Leave in fridge for at least 1 hour.
6 Top each pudding with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
Leave a Reply