Ah rhubarb jam. A fantastic combination of sweet and tart.
I love rhubarb jam but I only have a few rhubarb plants. Certainly not enough to fill my pantry with jars of jam.
Instead of just letting them wilt away, I make small batches of rhubarb jam. The nice thing is that there is no need for pectin, or canning.
The secret here is the apple. It adds enough natural pectin to create a nice thick jam, without making it taste like apple jam.
This recipe is actually very versatile. It can be used to add a flavour punch to many sweet and savoury dishes.
- Add a dollop to vanilla ice cream
- Use when cooking chicken or pork
- Add to vanilla ice cream mixture when making your own ice cream
- Add to smoothies
This recipe calls for Apple Pie Spice which you can buy or make yourself. We recommend making a large batch of Apple Pie Spice and use it in recipes calling for cinnamon. It is so much better.
GET MORE INFORMATION
Small Batch Rhubarb Jam Recipe
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|1 Jar||5 minutes||10 minutes|
- Store in a clean glass jar.
- 454 grams (3-4 Cups) Sliced Rhubarb
- 1 Medium Peeled, Diced Apples
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
- 150 grams (3/4 Cup) White Sugar