Beef stew spice blend, hmmm, sounds yummy. But, don’t be fooled by its name – it’s not just for beef stew.
Creating a blend like this allows you to quickly and easily add flavour to many things without having to over think it. There is no need to be shy with this blend. Add a little more than you think you will need.
Feel free to add to this blend. A little more basil or rosemary is fine. Perhaps add a bit more cayenne for extra kick. Experiment and decide on your perfectly customized combination.
This blend can be used with so many dishes. It is full flavoured and perfect for:
- Stews and soups – like this pressure cooker beef stew
- Roasted or grilled potatoes or other vegetables
- Chicken and pork
I am so happy with this blend that I have a small jar of it in my spice drawer ready whenever I need it.
GET MORE INFORMATION
- I like to print recipe cards for my spice blends so they are handy. Here are free printables to help you do the same
- Learn more about how I store spices in My Spice Drawer
- Learn more about why you should make your own spice blends
Beef Stew Spice Blend Recipe
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|34 g||5 minutes|
- This recipe makes 34 grams or about 5 Tablespoons of blend. It will almost fill a 125 ml small mason jar.
- This blend contains salt, so there is no need to salt the food you are using it with. If you prefer to salt while you cook (or need to control the salt better), just remove the salt from the recipe.
- This stew blend is not hot and spicy (even though it has Cayenne Pepper). Add extra Cayenne for more of a kick or remove it altogether.
- Adapted from Rachel Cooks
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper