Asian pork is a fantastic, flavourful dish that is my go to recipe on busy weekdays. It is incredibly easy to pull together (even if you forget to thaw the meat out ahead of time).
The bold flavour comes from using Sesame Oil and Chinese 5 Spice.
It was not long ago that using these flavours (without the benefit of a pre-made sauce) was far too intimidating for me to experiment with.
That changed when I decided to just give it a try. The worst that could happen would be that we hated it. But, we loved it from the start.
Asian pork goes great with:
- White or brown rice
- I have even been known to add some leftovers into a wrap
As an added bonus, this recipe freezes perfectly. Sometimes, when I get home with bulk ground pork, I will double or triple the recipe. Then I just portion it out into freezer bags, label them, and throw them in the freezer.
This makes for even quicker meal preparation when the time comes.
Live Stream Full Meal Video
Here is a live stream video showing a full meal preparation of Asian pork, rice, and sauteed red peppers.Check out an awesome trick for cutting onions and mushrooms at 8:05 of the video. I think you will like it.
- If you want to freeze batches for future meals, we have free printables that you can use
- Do you need to stock up on freezer meals? This is a great recipe for that.
Asian Style Pork Recipe
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4||15 minutes||15 minutes|
- To ensure that this recipe is gluten/dairy/casein free, make sure that you are using Gluten, Dairy, and Casein-Free products
- We have not classified this as a Nut-Free recipe because it contains sesame oil, which can cause problems for those with nut allergy
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Medium Diced Onions
- 4 Large Diced Mushrooms
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 454 grams (1 lb) Ground Pork
- 1 Teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice
- 2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil