Lemon basil rice is a bright and flavourful side that pairs really well with most meat dishes. It is infused with flavour on a couple of fronts:
- It incorporates garlic and ginger in the cooking water
- The bright lemon juice is added at the end so that it doesn’t get hidden behind the other flavours
This is a great example of how you can use our Rice Dish Generator to create new twists on a stand by side dish.
Because of its versatility, feel free to add more or less of any of the flavouring. Be sure to taste it once it is done to add more salt if needed.
Rice freezes extremely well. Making extra and freezing is a great way to always have some on hand for future meals.
GET MORE INFORMATION
Lemon Basil Rice Recipe
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4||5 minutes||25 minutes|
- The water required depends on how tight your lid is. If you do not have a tight lid, use the towel method to make a better fit.
- Rice freezes extremely well. Make extra and freeze for future meals.
- 200 grams (1 Cup) Uncooked Long Grain White Rice
- 250 millilitres (1 Cup) Water
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cloves Sliced Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh, Sliced Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil