Teriyaki sauce is fantastic. It is sweet, tangy and full of flavour.
But, buying it ready-made can be very expensive and include unwanted extra sugar and additives.
The beauty of this recipe is that it is:
- Extremely easy to throw together
- A fantastic option to freeze
- Completely customizable. Add more or less of the spices to get it exactly the way you like it
I love having batches of this in the freezer so that I have the option to just add it to meatballs, chicken, stir-fries or as a dip for fresh vegetables.
Give this recipe a try and make adjustments. Once you are happy, make larger batches and freeze them for later.
Live Stream Video
This video demonstrates make teriyaki sauce in real time.In the video, I also cook meatballs to go with the sauce. The homemade meatballs were frozen and the recipe can be found here.
The primary focus of the video is the sauce and how to use it.
GET MORE INFORMATION
- If you want to freeze batches for later use, we have free printables that you can use
- Learn more about thickening sauces
DIY Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|1.5 Cups||5 minutes||5 minutes|
- To ensure that this recipe is Gluten-Free, double check that you have Gluten-Free Soy Sauce.
- If the sauce is not thick enough, make another corn starch slurry (equal parts cold water and corn starch) and add just a little bit at a time until you achieve the thickness you want. Do not add cornstarch alone directly to the sauce.
- 250 millilitres (1 Cup) Water
- 50 grams (1/4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Ginger
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 60 millilitres (1/4 Cup) Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1 Tablespoon Cold Water