Sweet and tangy carrot salad is a wonderful side dish any time of year. It is cooling in the summer, and refreshing in the winter.
This is the perfect salad for customizing:
- Switch up the raisins for cranberries
- Shred the carrot fine or more coarsely
- Substitute sour cream or mayonnaise for the yogurt
- If you find it too sweet, leave out the honey
- Add walnuts or almonds for an added crunch
This is a common salad found with dishes that include a lot of flavourful spices or are particularly spicy. It is great because it cools the mouth.
In the winter, when fresh vegetables are scarce or expensive, this is a fantastic salad that is inexpensive and fresh tasting.
Recipe Demonstration Video
This video demonstration shows how easy it is to throw this salad together.Need a last minute side-dish? This will do the trick.
GET MORE INFORMATION
- Need more salad ideas? Check out our Salad Generator.
- Want so dressing inspiration? Our Salad Dressing Generator can help.
Sweet and Tangy Carrot Salad
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- Switch the raisins with dried cranberries for more tartness
- Eat within 2 days
- Use canned or fresh pineapple. If using canned, make sure that you drain the pineapple before adding to the salad.
- 250 grams (2 Cups) Shredded Carrots
- 60 grams (1/2 Cup) Diced Pineapples
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 50 grams (1/3 Cup) Raisins
- 135 grams (1/2 Cup) Plain Greek Yogurt