This is a recipe for the most basic rice. It is just rice. No flavourings or other additions.
If you are new to cooking rice, or have always had trouble getting it to come out well, this is a great place to start.The water required depends on how tight your lid is. If you do not have a tight lid, use the towel method to make a better fit.
Just make rice.
Once you have the basic technique, you can move on to transforming it into a vast array of main and side dishes.
Live Stream Video “All About Rice”
This video demonstrates cooking rice in real time.The information about rice is discussed in the first 18 minutes and the recipe comes after that.
Please check out the following links to learn more about the rice cooking process.
GET MORE INFORMATION
- Learn more about how to Cook Perfect Rice Every Time
- Get inspiration from our Rice Dish Generator
How to Cook Rice Recipe
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4||2 minutes||25 minutes|
- The water required depends on how tight your lid is. If you do not have a tight lid, use the towel method to make a better fit.
- 200 grams (1 Cup) Uncooked Long Grain White Rice
- 250 millilitres (1 Cup) Water
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt