This week we are going to learn about chickpeas.
Chickpeas are a nutritious powerhouse that are a staple in many parts of the world. But, most people just think of “hummus” when chickpeas are mentioned.
This challenge teaches you about chickpeas and shows how to use them (including hummus).
- Learn about chickpeas in this helpful article
- Canned chickpeas are convenient, but learning how to cook dried chickpeas is a great option.
- Recipes to try using chickpeas:
START THE CHALLENGE
Now it is your turn to start the challenge!
- Review the information above.
- If you don’t already have chickpeas on hand, we recommend having some canned, dried, and chickpea flour. Watch for sales at your local grocery store or visit an Indian, Middle Eastern, or Italian grocer.
- Experiment with cooking your own dried and using canned chickpeas. Don’t forget to try using the flour.