Pumpkin pie spice blend is incredibly versatile. It can be used for much more than just pumpkin pies.
The warmth and sweetness is great on:
- baked into crisps or crumbles
- sprinkled on roasted hard squash
- combine with sugar as a popcorn topper
Just like our Apple Pie Spice, this blend can be used anywhere that cinnamon is used.
The beauty of making your own is that you can customize it to your liking. This is especially useful for those who are highly sensitive to ingredients like cloves or nutmeg.
Unfortunately, store bought can be very unpredictable because all manufacturers have their own recipes and they all taste different.
Having a supply of this blend on hand helps to add extra flavour to many recipes. Give it a try.
GET MORE INFORMATION
- I like to print recipe cards for my spice blends so they are handy. Here are free printables to help you do the same
- Learn more about how I store spices in My Spice Drawer
- Learn more about why you should make your own spice blends
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|54 g||5 minutes||0|
- This will make 54 grams of spice blend, which will fill a small glass mason jar.
- If you are normally generous with salt throughout the cooking process, feel free to remove the salt from this blend.
- 28 grams (1/4 Cup) Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Nutmeg
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Allspice
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cloves