Learning how to make basic homemade oatmeal is a fantastic skill. Once you have this in your back pocket you will never have to spend the high price for boxed cereal again.
Cooking homemade oatmeal is no longer for our grandparents. It is making a huge resurgence, and for good reason:
- It is very healthy
- It is incredibly easy to make, and
- It is able to create a huge variety of breakfasts
This basic recipe is perfect as the launching point for creating many different breakfast versions. Just by adding nuts, spices, and fruit.
The great thing is that there is no need to make fresh batches every day. We simply make a large batch and dip into it throughout the week. This makes it just as convenient as boxed cereal.
We have not classified this recipe as “Gluten Free” because oats can cause problems for some with celiac disease.
Live Stream Video “All About Oatmeal”
This video demonstrates cooking rice in real time.This video demonstrates cooking oatmeal in real time.
We discuss the different types of oatmeal and how to pick the right one for your needs. We also get down and cook some. It is so quick and easy.
GET MORE INFORMATION
Hearty Homemade Oatmeal Recipe
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- If you use another type of cooking oats, follow the package directions for cooking time.
- This recipe keeps very well in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can make a batch and just put it in the fridge so that it is a ready made breakfast.
- Add nuts, fruit, sugar, etc., or just eat it plain.
- 110 grams (1 Cup) Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 750 ml (3 Cups) Water
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt