This week we are focusing on breading. You know, that crispy outer shell that makes so many foods extra yummy.
Breading can add both texture and flavour to so many foods:
Many people think that breading consists of flour or bread crumbs. Yes, it does, but it can be so much more.
For those concerned that anything breaded is unhealthy, this is just not so anymore. With healthier fats and baking techniques, it can be done with health in mind.
This week’s challenge has us coated in breadings of all kinds.
- This article discusses the many alternative breading ingredient options. This is great when you want to switch things up a bit or if allergies are present.
- There are some tried and true breading techniques. This video shows one perfect technique.
- If you like to deep fry your breaded goodies, this safety post is worth the read.
START THE CHALLENGE
Now it is your turn to start the challenge!
- Review the information above.
- Check out the recipes provided. Try making one or more of these recipes or others you have on hand.