Roasted bell peppers are really flavourful and sweet. The beauty is that this can be achieved without depending on a BBQ. The oven will do just fine.
The key is to roast them at a nice high temperature. In only 20 minutes, you can have a colourful side dish that is full of flavour.
This is a great use for peppers that need to be used up. Sometimes they can be found on sale because they are not quite perfect, or you find some extras in the fridge that do not have much time left. Roasting is a great way to coax out lots of flavour.
Freezing roasted peppers can be done, but the texture will suffer. If you did manage to find them on sale and want some flavourful peppers for future sauces or stews, definitely roast them up and freeze them.
GET MORE INFORMATION
- Are you planning on making a batch to freeze? We have free printables that can help keep you organized in the freezer.
- Learn more about preparing meals in advance.
- Get inspiration for future dishes using our Roasted Vegetables Generator.
Roasted Red Peppers Recipe
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4||5 minutes||10-20 minutes|
- Any bell peppers are great for this recipe. Use a combination of red, yellow, orange and green if you like.
- Cut all of the peppers about the same size so that they cook evenly.
- The timing will depend on the thickness of the peppers.
- 2-3 Chopped Bell Peppers
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Small Chopped Onion