Taco seasoning is a great spice blend that helps to easily create a mexican flavour in many recipes.
Yes, you can buy it at the store, but it is very expensive compared to making it yourself.
Benefits to DIY’ing it include:
- You can adjust the blend to suit your tastes
- Make it hot and spicy by adding cayenne pepper
- Swap out the sweet paprika for smoked
- Avoid unwanted fillers and allergens
Give this recipe a try and always be ready to create tacos and other recipes with deep flavours.
GET MORE INFORMATION
Taco Spice Recipe
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|40 g||5 minutes||0|
- This recipe will make 40 grams in total, which is about 6 Tablespoons.
- If you want less heat, remove the cayenne pepper. If you want more heat add 1/4 Teaspoon at a time.
- If you are normally generous with salt throughout the cooking process, feel free to remove the salt from this blend.
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Sweet Paprika
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper