There is nothing like homemade beef stew. The stuff I have bought in a can, a mix, or even in the freezer section just isn’t the same.
I avoided making beef stew until I tried it with my pressure cooker.
This handy tool made making it simple and fast.
Another key element to speeding up the process is having a spice blend already mixed. This is where my Beef Stew Spice Blend comes in really handy. As a bonus, I also use this blend with other meats, stews, and roasted vegetables.
Beef Stew Recipe
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|6||20 minutes||15 minutes|
- If you are using an electric pressure cooker, follow its directions for searing meat and adjust the cooking time. I am using a stove top cooker which achieves higher pressure. Add 5 minutes if using an electric pressure cooker.
- If you are using small “baby carrots”, there is no need to chop them. Just throw them in as is.
- This recipe freezes very well. Portion out cooled soup and pour into freezer safe containers or bags. Be sure to label with name and date.
- NEVER overfill your pressure cooker. Only fill to the “Max” line. If you have a smaller pressure cooker, divide this recipe in half.
- 454 grams (1 lb) Stewing Beef
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 60 millilitres (1/4 Cup) Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 500 millilitres (2 Cups) Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tablespoons Beef Stew Spice Blend
- 2-3 Large (240 grams or 20 baby carrots) Diced Carrots
- 3-4 Medium Peeled and diced Potatoes
- 2 Medium Chopped Onions
- 560 millilitres Diced Canned Tomatoes