If you ever come across a recipe that requires allspice, don’t make a special trip to the store – just make your own.
Allspice is an essential spice in many sweet and savoury dishes. But it usually only calls for small amounts.
There have been many times that I would buy a jar, just to have it languish in the back of the spice rack going stale. By the time I needed to use it again, there was no flavour left at all.
I usually make one batch of this recipe and then replenish it when it is used up. This ensures that the spice is able to do its job – add flavour.
- I like to print recipe cards for my spice blends so they are handy. Here are free printables to help you do the same
- Learn more about how I store spices in My Spice Drawer
- Learn more about why you should make your own spice blends
ALLSPICE BLEND RECIPE
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4 Tsp||5 minutes||0|
- This recipe makes 4 Teaspoons. This is more than enough to make a number of recipes that call for allspice. If you use a lot, feel free to double the recipe.
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
Combine ingredients and place in a clean spice jar.
Leave a Reply