Honey ginger chicken is a fantastic recipe for any weeknight supper because it is so quick and easy.
The sauce has just enough garlic and ginger to wake up your taste buds. While it also has a sweetness that is so satisfying. As always, increase them if want even more flavour.
This is not a spicy sauce, so if you prefer more heat, add a bit of Cayenne Pepper.
Something I like to do is make up batches of the sauce, portion it out into freezer safe containers or bags and freeze them.
When I need some sauce, I just pull it out of the freezer, thaw and add it to the chicken. Too easy.
Part of the reason I like to freeze extra is because it is such a versatile sauce.
- It can easily be thickened to create a denser sauce
- It can be used as a dipping sauce for chicken strips
- It makes a great sauce for meatballs
Having a great base sauce like this on hand is fantastic for rushed dinner hours.
This sauce can be quite loose. If you want a thicker dipping sauce, thicken it with a cornstarch slurry.
GET MORE INFORMATION
Honey Ginger Chicken Recipe
|Servings||Prep/Rest Time||Cook Time|
|4||35 minutes||30 minutes|
- To ensure this recipe is Gluten-Free, double check the ingredients of the Soy Sauce.
- 1 – 2 lb (Wings or Drumlettes) Chicken
- 60 millilitres (1/4 Cup) Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Ginger
- 54 grams (3 Tablespoons) Honey